Free Education Webinar!!
Dandle-LION Medical invites you to an
Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome – Part 2:
Increase your Reliability using the Finnegan Neonatal Abstinence Scoring Tool
(Part 1 can be found under the Previous Webinar Tab – April 2012)
This presentation was recorded. You can watch the recording by entering your information below.
Why you want to attend:
This lecture will address a number of important issues related to neonatal abstinence, including:
- Overview of the Finnegan Neonatal Abstinence Scoring Sheet
- The Importance of establishing inter-observer reliability with the Finnegan Scoring Tool.
- Providing comprehensive care to the drug-exposed infant.A brief discussion of the importance of becoming reliable in the use of assessment tools will also be included.Our Learning Objectives:
- Discuss the importance of attaining reliability with clinical screening tools.
- Define the items that make up the Finnegan Neonatal Abstinence Scoring Tool.
- Describe how to determine your inter-observer reliability with theFinnegan Scoring Tool.
- List two factors that are associated with comprehensive management of drug-exposed infants.
Karen D’Apolito, PhD, APRN, NNP-BC-FAAN has been in neonatal nursing since 1973. She became interested in improving the care of drug-affected infants in 1989. Her dissertation research involved the use of a mechanical rocking bed to improve signs of withdrawal in neonates exposed to opioids in utero.
She has published numerous articles on the topic of neonatal abstinence and is a national consultant on the topic of NAS. In 2010 the second edition of her inter-observer reliability training program for the Finnegan Scoring Tool was published.
She continues to conduct research in the area and is an invited speaker at many neonatal conferences. In 2008, Dr. D’Apolito received the National Perinatal Association’s Individual Contribution to Maternal Child Health Award for her efforts to improve the care of drug-affected infants.
This course is no longer available for CE credit
This webinar program is brought to you by: