Free Education Webinar!!
Dandle-LION Medical invites you to an
“Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: Part 1”
(See August Archive for Part 2)
Why you want to attend:
This lecture will address a number of important issues related to neonatal abstinence, including
- The properties of the various drugs that may produce neonatal abstinence,
- The best screening methods,
- Examination of clinical assessment tools and
- Strategies for pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic management.
Also, Karen will give a brief discussion of the importance of becoming reliable in the use of assessment tools will also be included.
Our Learning Objectives:
- Describe the various drugs that can cause neonatal abstinence.
- Identify the screening methods used to diagnose neonatal abstinence.
- Describe the characteristics of various neonatal abstinence assessment tools.
- Identify pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic strategies used to treat neonatal abstinence.
Karen D’Apolito, PhD, APRN, NNP-BC-FAAN has been in neonatal nursing since 1973. She became interested in improving the care of drug-affected infants in 1989. Her dissertation research involved the use of a mechanical rocking bed to improve signs of withdrawal in neonates exposed to opioids in utero.
She has published numerous articles on the topic of neonatal abstinence and is a national consultant on the topic of NAS. In 2010 the second edition of her inter-observer reliability training program for the Finnegan Scoring Tool was published.
She continues to conduct research in the area and is an invited speaker at many neonatal conferences. In 2008, Dr. D’Apolito received the National Perinatal Association’s Individual Contribution to Maternal Child Health Award for her efforts to improve the care of drug-affected infants.
This course is no longer available for CE credit
This webinar program is brought to you by: